Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Our hero...Bart Little





I was acting goofy (imagine that) and put some blue ribbons in Bart's hair. I thought he kinda looked like Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz? Ok, maybe not. He doesn't look happy with me!

Last week, Rowan and I were playing with Barty in the play room and I saw something scurry under the fridge. Yes, it was a mouse! Bart caught it from the corner of his eye too and that's when he went into full Daschund mode. Luckily, Jason was home and moved the fridge so Barty could get back there to do his thing. The mouse was so scared that he took off and unsuccessfully tried to get under the door to downstairs. That's when I screamed, Rowan cried, and Jason jumped! Bart was the only one that remained focused and chased the mouse into the living room under the TV stand. This mouse had to be so scared because Barty was relentlessly scratching and barking at him. Jason and I quickly made a pathway to the front door and then lifted up the TV stand. The mouse bolted out the front door and we were luckily able to grab Bart before he got out too!


Our neighbors warned us about mice being in these old houses. That's probably why there all so many cats in the neighborhood. Who needs a cat when you have Bart Little? Thank you Bart, you have earned your keep:)

No comments: