It's been a rough couple of days for Rowan.
When I got home from work on Friday, Rowan had a low grade temperature. He didn't sleep that well that night, but Saturday he seemed OK for the most part. We figured it was just a little cold. Saturday night into Sunday morning was the worst night we've ever had with him. He was so uncomfortable, had a temperature of 102.6 and we just couldn't seem to console him. Jason and I really were concerned. We called the Pediatrician in the middle of the night and she suggested things we were already doing: the humidifier, lukewarm bath and saline nasal spray. On Sunday, we was able to take two 2 hour naps, but just didn't seem himself. Then we thought we were out of the woods -Sunday night he slept from 7:30pm until 8:30am on Monday morning and his temperature disappeared. Last night was another bad night and I thought I'd better take him to the Pediatrician's today to rule out an ear infection, even tough he hadn't been tugging on his ears.
It ends up that Rowan had bilateral wax impaction and the right ear had puss inbetween the wax and the eardrum. It's pretty much a hot, bulbous ear. Poor guy had to be held down by 2 doctors and myself to get his ears cleaned out. I was amazed at what they pulled out of his ears and his strength to wiggle out of our holds!
He was exhausted and fell asleep once we left the office. I filled the prescriptions for Amoxicilin and ear drops and gave them to him immediately when he woke up. Then he napped again for an hour and a half. He was pretty pleasant when he woke up, so I thought we'd take a stroll to the park and visit the swings! As you can see he missed the swings.....he laughed and laughed and I felt such relief! After another lukewarm bath and him taking all his meds, Rowan is in Snugglestown right now. I hope he gets a great night's sleep -he needs it!
No comments:
Post a Comment