I've been trying to figure out what kind of classes to enroll Rowan in this fall. "Mommy and Me" is a class that involves music, storytime and lots of sitting around on mommy's lap. "Read to Me" is a nice class, but I can do that free at the library every Thursday instead of paying $20/week. "Gymboree play and music" involves just that plus lots of dirty toys that hadn't been cleaned in who knows how long. All of the above classes give a free trial class where you can go and see what each is all about. After leaving each alittle disappointed, a friend from my mommy group recommended "The Little Gym". Rowan and I had our free class this morning and WOW...WOW!! So many things struck me - the cleanliness of the gym, the friendliness of the staff, the equipment, the one/one time, the skills they learn and the structure of the class. First off, the little gym is just that! A miniature balance beam, vault, parallel bars and so much more! The equipment was so clean and the instructor showed me exactly how to spot Rowan while on each piece of equipment. We started off with stretching, then moved on to open gym time where we explored each piece of equipment with the instructor's guidance. Rowan did so well...he did two, yes, two forward rolls plus he learned the 'wheelbarrow'! When we got home we showed daddy what he learned (above picture). We're going to enroll Rowan in this gym. It's a little pricey, but the skills he'll learn will really benefit him. Plus I loved how CLEAN and STRUCTURED the class was.
I know Jason is flexible (just ask him to do a split) so I'm thinking that Rowan will do well in this class. Most importantly, he had a blast and I worked up a sweat chasing after him! Maybe he'll make the Pitt cheerleading squad someday. Hey It's a good way to pick up the ladies - at least that's what Jason says!
No comments:
Post a Comment