Sunday, June 19, 2011

What he lacks as a handyman.....


He makes up in being a Dad!
Picture this: Darryl up on a ladder with the electric hedge trimmers in 90 degree weather at our new house while Jason was randomly walking around with his 1960's saw. It was Sara who pointed out the obvious - Why was Jason walking around with this random saw while his dad was doing the "real" work? I couldn't stop laughing because I was thinking the same thing but didn't want to hurt his feelings! Jason loves this saw and I'm not sure why. Let's just say that this tool is really the crown jewel of his tool collection if you catch my drift.
Ok, so he's not a handyman but he's one hell of a Dad. He's fun, patient, so level-headed and a great provider. He teaches Rowan about Geography, airplanes, and ships. He teaches Morgan about astronomy and what jeans look best on her and he teaches me to live fully and happily. I would be lost without him and am so grateful that my kids have such an awesome dad.
Now, if we could just work on his tool collection....

No comments: