Saturday, November 5, 2011

This kid doesn't miss a thing...

I started wrapping Rowan and Morgan's Christmas gifts this week. I even picked up some fun "Frosty the Snowman" wrapping paper (not cheap) at Hallmark and got to work on it while Morgan slept and Rowan was at school. I even found the best place to stash them....so I thought:(
I must have wrapped about 8 gifts and put them in the spare bedroom downstairs. The room has a little built in bench in which its top lifts up so you can store blankets or whatever inside. I didn't even think Rowan knew that the bench lifts up! We never go in that room unless guests are coming to visit so I thought it would be a great spot to hide gifts for many years to come. So you can imagine my shock when Rowan came to me and asked what the presents in the "Frosty paper" were doing in Gramma and Pap's room. I almost spit my coffee out. I quickly explained that the gifts were for his cousins and Leah and Nate for Christmas. Then he said he thought the gifts on the dining room table were for his cousins and that Nate's is still in my car. I have no answers for this kind of interrogation first thing in the morning! Jason doesn't think he'll remember the wrapping paper come December but I disagree. I think I'll just re wrap them and be done with it...even if it means wasting good paper. Any other suggestions?

No comments: