Monday, January 30, 2012

A swimmer in da house!

No, I'm not talking about Jason or the Pipinator....I'm talking about Rowan!! Each week I see such progression from him and today he took 5 strokes before coming up for a breath! Last week he floated on his back for 10 seconds straight! Today he and his instructor (Gramma Sandy) practiced taking 5 strokes and then treading water for 5 seconds. She is fantastic as an instructor even if she told me to back away from the deck. It's hard not being right there cheering him on or giving him pointers. Her philosophy on water safety matches exactly what Jason and I want for Rowan and Morgan. They need to learn how to survive in the water without necessarily being the next Michel Phelps or Janet Evans (although that wouldn't hurt)!
So proud of you Rowan - keep it up!

No comments: