Friday, September 14, 2012
The "L" word
It's been just about 2 weeks since we've got Pippa back from Hard Knocks summer camp. It must have done her good because she's come back a changed woman. She's calm, listens much better, and I can actually walk her now with the kids. Perhaps it's the fact that she's older ? That or they just set her straight at camp.
The thought of getting a puppy while being the sole caregiver of 2 little kids was overwhelming and it was as she behaved as most puppies do. Let's see...what pushed me over the edge...was it the chewing up of our new jute carpet or our pedestal table leg? Or it might have been her chewing through our laptop cord or the TV cables outside on Superbowl Sunday. Then I realized that our house phone line was dead. Upon inspection, I learned that the Pips dug a hole and you guessed it...chewed right through the line.
They say forgive and forget. I can do that because Pippa has become the dog Jason said she would. She is so great with the kids. Morgan yanks her tail and tries to ride her while Pippa takes it in stride. Rowan loves to play ball with her in the backyard and when she follows him around. He was so upset to leave Jason but Pippa has become a great distraction for him.
I love that Pippa is such a great watchdog. She becomes so dominant when a starnger approaches the house and positions herself between me and the door. I love that she comes back to my room in the middle of the night if she hears me stirring. I love that Pippa has become part of our family and she knows it. I never though I'd see the day when I would fall for her but I finally have. I love you Pips!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment