Friday, September 24, 2010

Preschool Orientation




Today was orientation day as school starts on Monday for Rowan! The school postponed opening for 2 weeks because the painting and playground were not finished. Rowan's teachers, Ms. Rebecca and Ms. Melanee, scheduled playdates throughout those 2 weeks so she could get a chance to meet the kids and they could meet eachother. There are 12 kids in his class and they are at such a cute age. I told one little boy that it was nice to meet him and he responded "likewise"!

Rowan greeted Ms. Rebecca with a hug this morning, played on the train table for a few minutes, and then made a run for it! I caught up with him at the end of the hall and talked him into coming back to play. Thankfully, Ms. Rebecca is an avid runner so she should be able to catch him if he darts again! I'm expecting this to have a transition period just like everything else. I really think that once he gets into a routine he's gonna love it!

I met more parents this morning and they all seem so nice. 3 of the dads are Navy just like Jason and one is currently deployed. Interestingly enough, I feel like Jason and I are really young parents here compared to Pittsburgh. Most of the kids in his class are either the babies of their families or have been adopted by older parents. Lots of different cultures which I think is great.

The top picture is Rowan and Ms. Rebecca doing a crafts project and the bottom picture is a dragon an artist is carving from an old oak tree. This guy is crazy talented!

Let's hope Rowan has a fantastic school year!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: