Monday, November 15, 2010
Feeling lik a pig...
Alot has happened since Friday when I was at the doctor's office and my measurements were not where they should be for this point in my pregnancy. The doctor initially thought that the baby was just tightly curled up, but a sonogram showed that I was losing amniotic fluid. The fluid levels should be over 10 and I was at 7 - 5 is considered dangerously low. She put me on bed rest for the weekend and told me to down the liquids.
I thought it'd be a long weekend, but I realized that I've very good at doing nothing! I watched lots of movies and TV and ate like a pig....thanks to Sara and Jason cooking up some great food. Jason helped so much with Rowan that he now wants his daddy when he wakes up in the morning.
I returned to the doctor's this morning and had another sonogram which showed that I doubled my fluid levels in a matter of 3 days!!! Clearly, I wasn't scaling back on my activity level when I should have been. In addition to the gains in fluid levels, I gained 4lbs on the scale! Hence, I'm feeling like a little pig today - all in a good way! I return next Monday for another sonogram just to make sure all is ok.
Speaking of a pig, Sara and I decided to count the money in Rowan's piggy bank yesterday. We couldn't believe what he had in there - $58 dollars in bills and $80.89 in change for a grand total of $138.89!! This kid is raking in some serious money considering the piggy bank isn't even as old as he is.
So this week is starting off really well for us. Now, if the steelers could just pull it together then I'd really be happy! At least Christmas music started today -yeah!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment