Thursday, January 5, 2012

The ladies of the house

That, of course, would be me, Morgan, and the Pippanator! This is Pippa's "too shy to say hi" expression. Pippa has been getting a lot of attention on her walks as of late. People just can't seem to figure out what breed of dog she is. She has really long legs and prances like a deer too.  I think  people just aren't used to seeing an Airedale.

Morgan is walking into 2012! She started taking steps the week of Christmas and hasn't looked back since! She gets real proud of herself when she gets more than 10-15 steps in at a time. Tonight she was even able to balance her purse and doll while walking around. Girl has got some talent!

I signed up to do a triathlon in late April. After suffering some running injuries this summer I started to think of alternatives that would help my aging body. Swimteam, as well as, biking with my triathlete friend Adrienne helped make my decision. This year will be a good year to do it too - I'm not working and I'll definitely need an escape from my single mom duties! That's where my neighbor Jen and Adrienne's husband come in in terms of babysitting the kids. I've been training regularly since early December but still have a way to go. I'm excited and look forward to growing from this experience. It won't be easy but with some discipline, a good work ethic, and lots of sweat I CAN do this!

No comments: