Sunday, January 1, 2012

Welcome 2012!


We spent New Year's Eve with our friends Alan, Meryiah, and their daughter Maizy. We enjoyed a few cocktails, some great food, and let the kids run wild to get their energy out! I always feel like NYE is overrated so this was a perfect way for us to spend the holiday.

Jason and I always start discussing our resolutions for the new year a few weeks early. His are mostly the same this year - to embrace awkward moments, take long walks on short piers (while in Fla), and watch more and more bad reality TV shows. Mine are a bit more challenging. I want to be the best me that I can be while really trying to focus on enjoying the present. 

2012 will be tough as Jason prepares for a deployment in the next week or so. We'll be separated quite a bit which I know will be harder on him not seeing the kids and his fabulous wife everyday. I plan on being more patient and taking each day minute at a time! A positive attitude will be key, as well as, relying on friends, neighbors, and family to help us out. Chocolate and spa weekend getaways will be helpful too! Anyone want to join me? Best wishes to all for a HAPPY and HEALTHY 2012!!


No comments: