Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Columbus Day weekend


Jason was home for 4 days and we certainly made the most of it! We visited cox farms, the Space and Air Museum, hung out at Rowan's soccer game and painted pumpkins. Rowan was so taken by the Kennedy Space Center this summer that he wanted to go back to the A&S museum to see the new Discovery exhibit. It's such a great place to visit. Next time Mimi and Hank or Darryl and Mary come to visit we have to go so remind us!

Jason was very excited to see Rowan play in his soccer game on Saturday. I'm glad he got to meet some of the other parents and see his son score 5 goals! Rowan hustles the whole time he's on the field and has great ball control. Not sure where he gets it from considering Jason and I no soccer skills whatsoever! We are so proud of him for having fun and listening to his coaches:)

Yesterday we visited the pumpkin patch despite the intermittent rain and 51 degree temperature. The kids had a blast and we found the most perfect pumpkins! Rowan really wanted to paint an angry bird pumpkin so Jason helped him. He is really artistic and they both did a great job!

Jason has also been showing his mad handyman skills around the house as of late. Last time he was home he did some stone work on the back patio which looks so nice. I had a big 'honey do' list this weekend and he got to all of the projects which was awesome. We have some major projects set up for when he comes home for good and I know these little things are giving him great confidence. Darryl told him that he has to be careful to not look too handy or I'll really put him to work!
So true....

No comments: